Jemput-jemput (also called Cekodok,Cokodok or Cucur) is a traditional Malaysfritter snack in Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore that is made from flour and then fried. It is usually round in shape and tends to vary in size. Here have added sesame seeds which adds an extra crunch in every bites! You could serve them in breakfast or evening snacks. If you have overripe banana and don’t know what to do with them, don’t fret! This recipe is for you! It’s really very easy and quick!
Preparation time: 8 mins, Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt, optional
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except oil and knead it well.
- Now rest the dough for 1 hour.
- Make the balls from the dough.
- Now heat the wok with enough oil to deep fry.
- Fry the banana balls until they become golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot in breakfast or evening snacks!