It normally contains meat (chicken, shrimp, and crab are all common), egg, onions, garlic and sometimes tomatoes. The seasonings, which may include soya sauce, sugar, salt, possibly some chili sauce, and the fish sauce, are stir-fried together with the other ingredients. Here I’m introducing the new version for vegetarians, again this is no onion, no garlic recipe! If you have cooked left over rice from lunch, then it’s really very easy to make for dinner!
Preparation time: 15 mins, cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 chopped green chillies
- 1/2 cup chopped french beans
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped mixed bell peppers ( red, yellow and green)
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped pineapple cubes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to ta taste
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup dry fruits (have used black grapes and almonds)
- In a large nonstick pan, add butter, add green chillies, French beans, green peas and carrots and cook for 2 mins.
- Now, add bell peppers and saute for few mins.
- Add soya sauce, salt, sugar, pepper and garam masala and mix it well.
- Then add cooked rice, pineapple cubes, tomatoes, coriander leaves and dry fruits and mix it well.
- Cook for couple of mins.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and more dry fruits and serve it hot in your dinner!