Dry Paan Masala is tasty and easy to make. A wonderful after meal mouth fresherner also aids in digestion. The flavours and texture of all the ingredients complement each other resulting in a satisfying mouth freshner.
Preparation time: 7 mins, cooking time: 20 mins
- 20 betel leaves(paan)
- 4 tbsp thick fennel seeds (sauf)
- 1/2 cup roasted coriander seeds (dhana daal)
- 1/4 cup sweet supari
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup dried rose petals
- 1 tbsp mishri
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Clean and dry the betel leaves in the sun and crush them with your hands to powder them.
- Combine sugar and water in a pan and cook to make a thick syrup.
- Add the fennel seeds, roasted coriander seeds and cook till dry (can also be kept in the sun to dry).
- Combine the betel leaves powder, crystallized sugar, dried rose petals, mishri and cardamom powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container and use as required