Kimchi, also spelled kimchee or gimchi, is a traditional fermented Korean side dish made of vegetables with a variety of seasonings.In traditional preparations, kimchi was stored underground in jars to keep cool during the summer months and unfrozen during the winter months.There are hundreds of varieties of kimchi made from cabbage, racist, scallion, or cucumber as the main ingredients.
Here will share you recipe of stuffed cucumber kimchi which have made by my own style using pickle masala and carrot & capsicum stuffing! And gonna refrigerate it so we could use it then after as a pickle with any of Indian traditional dishes!
This recipe would be one my innovative one to give a Indian touch to international one;)
You could have it as it is as main dish or with rice or could refrigerate it and use later as a side dish with any Indian dishes!
Preparation time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 0 mins
- 3 big cucumbers, cut into half and make a shell to fill it
- 3 tbsp salt
- 2 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup capsicum slices
- 1/2 cup pickle masala
- 3 tbsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup more sesame oil, if you are going to store it
- First apply salt on all sides of cucumbers and keep them aside.
- Now in a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients of stuffing and mix it well.
- After some time, cucumber would release the water because of salt, drain that water and wash then with running water.
- Now fill the cucumbers with the stuffing we made and garnish them with sesame seeds and serve them!
- You could serve it with rice for your dinner! Also your could cut them into slices and pour the warm oil on it and store them into fridge for future use!