A wonderful dessert that can be prepared in minutes. It does not require much advance preparation, and can be whipped up even at short notice. Rava sheera is traditional, yet modern in its simplicity, making it a sheer delight.
Sheera makes a traditional and delightful combination with puris and chana.
Preparation time: 5 mins, Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 cup semolina (rava)
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachios
For The Garnish
- 1 tsp almonds
- 1/2 tsp pistachios
- 1 fig chopped
- Few saffron strands
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the semolina and sauté on a slow flame for 6 to 8 minutes. , while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, 2½ cups of hot water, mix well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, almonds and pistachios and mix well. Cover and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with almonds, pistachios, figs and saffron strands!