Thepla is very traditional bread for Gujarat! It’s whole wheat and healthy recipe! Have used methi here, you could make plain thepla as well! It’s best option for travelling, it remains good for 10 days! You could serve it into breakfast, snacks or dinner!
Preparation time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup chopped and wanted fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Water to knead the dough
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients except water and mix it well.
- Add water to make soft dough and knead it properly.
- Cover and set aside for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins, knead it again to make smooth out and divide it into 12 equal smooth balls.
- Flatten them using your palms and start rolling thepla.
- Take one portion and roll it using rolling pin and rolling board, into 6-7 inch diameter circle.
- Heat the tawa on medium heat to swallow fry thepla.
- Place one thepla on tawa and cook one side until bubbles you see on upside.
- Flip it and apply 1/4 tsp oil on that side, again flip it and apply oil on other side and cook for a minute.
- Prepare others likewise.
- Here have served it with mango, green chilli pickle and curd for dinner!
- You could serve thepla in breakfast or snacks as well with cup of masala tea.
- Make sure to make soft dough to make thepla very soft.
- You could store thepla into air tight container and could use them into travelling for minimum 10 days!