First up, this is super easy to make and requires no baking whatsoever (my kind of recipe!). The base is gluten-free which is made from almonds, cashews, dates, figs and coconut oil which together provide an excellent boost of protein, fiber, calcium, vitamin E, potassium and medium chain triglycerides (i.e. good fatty acids!) I used used unsweetened cocoa powder to give the base of the fruit pizza a delicious chocolatey taste. Everything is blitzed together in a food processor and then pressed into a tart dish and placed in the fridge or freezer to set. Serve this yummy fruity pizza as a dessert!
Preparation time: 25 mins, Cooking time: 0 min
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 4-5 figs
- 25 medium sizes dates, seeds removed
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/3 tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup strawberries
- 1 medium sized kiwi
- 1 cup black and green grapes
- 1 medium sized orange
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup banana slices
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- First, make the base by blitzing the almonds and cashew nuts in a food processor until they have broken down into a fine consistency, almost like fine flour.
- Add the dates, figs, melted coconut oil, cocoa powder and vanilla extract and continue to blitz until the dates have been finely chopped and everything is well combined.
- Press the mixture into a tart dish and place in the fridge for an hour to set. If you don’t have much time then you can put it in the freezer for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Make the filling by mixing the cream cheese, greek yogurt, orange juice and zest and vanilla extract together in a bowl.
- Now spread this mixture onto the top of the pizza base and then decorate with the fruit topping of your choice.
- Your chocolate fruit pizza is ready.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for a couple of hours until you are ready to eat it.