Adadiya is famous winter special gujarati sweet. Traditionally adadiya is katchi and kathiyawadi sweet dish. Adadiya contains many ingrediants which helps to keep body warm in cold winter days. Adadiya is prepared with urad dal roasted in ghee on slow flame along with healthy nuts and spices. Enjoy this healthy recipe during cold winters.
Preparation time: 15 mins , Cooking time: 45 mins
For crumble :
- 2 cups urad atta ( skinned split black lentils flour )
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup ghee
Other Ingredients :
- 1 cup ghee
- 250 gm milk solids (khoya / mawa )
- 1 tbsp edible gum ( fried in ghee )
- 1 cup roughly chopped mixed nuts ( almonds, raisins, cashews, pistachios)
For sugar syrup:
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp cardamom powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp cloves powder
- 3 tbsp powdered dry ginger powder
- 1 tbsp peepramul powder
- Chopped dry fruits
- Combine ingredients of crumble in deep bowl. Mix well.
- Rub flour with palm for 3-4 mins.
- Heat the ghee in kadai or heavy bottom based pan.
- Add flour mixture.
- Saute it on medium flame till flour will get brown color. Continuously stir it.
- Mean while combine ingredients of syrup in sauce pan.
- Prepare a sugar syrup of 1 thread.
- When flour starts to get brown color, add edible gum and grated khoya.
- Saute for couple of minutes.
- Turn off the flame and add chopped nuts.
- On this stage you can add Indian spices. (which is optional as per your choice)
- Mix well.
- Allow mixture to cool.
- When mixture will be luck warm, combine it with sugar syrup. Mix well.
- Allow it to set for a while.
- Give shape of your choice.
- Garnish adadiya with nuts.
- Store adadiya in air tight container.
- Enjoy adadiya in chilled winter days. It will increase energy and warmness of your body. They are tough to digest, so consume only one piece of adadiya in a day.
Your attention should be on sugar syrup. Sugar syrup is good for softness. If mixture of sugar syrup and flour become hard, add warm milk in it and then pour it.