This fruit based dessert has the same flavors as apple pie without the guilt of a fattening crust, clocking in at around 200 calories a piece! It’s low calorie, healthy and super easy recipe which tastes so yummy with scoop of ice cream or frozen vanilla yogurt( have used kulfi here!) Serve it as snacks or dessert!
Preparation time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 45 mins
- 2 medium apples
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp grounded cinnamon
- 1/4 cup black raisins
- ⅓ cups chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbsp cold butter
- Cut the top half inch or so off the top of the apples.
- Use a spoon or melon baller to scoop out the core of each apple, leaving the bottom intact.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, black raisins and walnuts until well mixed.
- Stuff the oats mixture into the cavity of each apple and put one butter cube and some nuts on top.
- Place them in the crock-pot or baking tray.
- Pour the 1/2 glass of water into the crock-pot, around the apples.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- They’ll take about 45 minutes to one hour.
- A glass baking dish is also an option, just be sure to lower the heat slightly 5-10 degrees since glass can cause food to burn.If you’re making this recipe for a large crowd, you could do these in the oven in a large disposable roasting pan and just double the recipe.
- Serve this with a scoop of ice cream or low fat frozen vanilla yogurt!
You can refrigerate these for up to 3 days, but store them in an air-tight container so they don’t pick up odors from the fridge.