Peanut Chikki is a traditional sweet preparation across India and is usually made by jaggery and peanuts or ground nuts blended together. A nutritious and easy to prepare peanut chikki is a favorite among children.
Preparation time: 20 mins, Cooking time: 5 mins
- 1 cup peanuts
- 3/4 cup jaggery (gur) (sticky type)
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Roast the peanuts.
- Cool and remove the skin.
- Roughly pound.
- Grease a flat plate with 1 teaspoon ghee.
- Cook jaggery till a thick syrup is formed.
- To test that the syrup is ready put a drop in cold water.
- If it forms a firm ball the syrup is ready.
- Add the peanuts and the remaining ghee.
- Mix and immediately spread on the greased plate.
- Roll out to even the surface.
- Let it cool slightly before cutting into desired shapes.
- Store into air tight container and have it wherever you want till 2 months!