Kachariyu can be made by either black or white sesame seeds. Sesame seeds are a very good source of calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, vitamin B1, zinc and dietary fibre. The word “kachar” means crushed in Gujarati. In this recipe crushed sesame seeds mixed with jaggery and dried fruits. Its very easy winter recipe.
Preparation time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 0 mins
- 1 cup sesame seeds , natural or black ( here have used black)
- 1 cup jaggery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dates, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp, ganthoda powder
- 1 tsp, ginger powder
- 1/4 cup, chopped nuts of your choice
- 1 tbsp, coconut powder
- 1/4 cup watermelon seeds
- In food processor take sesame seeds and grind it for 3-4 minutes. Then add chopped jaggery, dates and grind it again for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ganthoda and ginger powder and grind it for another minute.
- When mixture starts coming together transfer into a big plate.
- Now with hand knead it well until oil comes out from the mixture.
- Take small portion of the mixture, and make small ball. Prepare other balls from the remaining mixture.(or you could set kachariyu in container pressing with hand)
- Garnish it with nuts, coconut powder and watermelon seeds.
- Ready to eat! You could have 1-2 balls in beautiful chilled winter morning!