New generation used to this ready-made preserved one they don’t know that making this pickle is super easy! A delectable pickle of Bhavnagari chillies is grandmother’s recipe. Nowadays new generations get them ready-made but they don’t know that making of this pickle is really very easy! A stuffed with a tongue-tickling mixture of mustard, spiked up with a dash of lemon.
The flavour of mustard is dominant in this pickle, true to the name of Raiwala Marcha. You need to let the pickle stand for at least one hour before serving, to allow the flavours to soak into the chillies.
Preparation time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 0 min
- 20 bhavnagari chilli slices
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed split mustard seeds (rai na kuria)
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- 4 tsp oil
- 1/4 cup lemon cubes
- In a mixing bowl, combine the split mustard seeds, salt, turmeric powder, asafoetida anfy 1 tsp of oil and mix well.
- Rub the bhavnagari chillies in a little of the prepared mixture and place them on a big plate.
- Sprinkle the remaining mixture evenly over them along with the remaining 3 tsp of oil and lemon cubes and toss gently.
- Fill them in a glass jar and keep it aside for atleast 1 hour.Serve or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.