This biscuit cake is very easy to prepare, taste delicious and needs very few ingredients. Moreover you do not need an oven to make this cake. It can be make in pressure cooker or it can be steamed or you can also microwave it. To make it special, you can decorate the cake castor sugar in heart shape! Happy Valentine’s day to you all!
Preparation time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 20 mins
- Good day biscuits – 40 biscuits
- Powdered sugar – 3 tbsp
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup (lukewarm)
- Vanilla essence – 3/4 tsp
- Eno/Fruit Salt – 1 packed (plain-non flavored)
- Cashew nuts or almonds – 3 tbsp chopped (optional)
- Grind the biscuits in a mixer.
- Add powdered sugar, cashew nuts (if using) and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence, milk (little at a time) and mix without lumps to get a smooth batter.
- Before adding eno/fruit salt, bring water to boil in a steamer or cooker or any pan and keep it ready.
- Add eno and mix well with a spatula.
- Transfer the batter to the greased baking tin, place it on the pan or cooker and steam cook covered. You should not allow the batter to rest after adding fruit salt. You should steam immediately after adding Eno/Fruit salt (keep a stand inside the pan as shown in picture below and place the baking pan/tin over it).
- Steam for the first 15 minutes on high flame.
- Then keep the flame/heat low and steam for another 10-15 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake to check if it is cooked. If it comes out clean, it is cooked.
- Leave it to cool in the cake tin. After it is cooled, remove the cake from the tin. Run a knife around the edges and invert it on a plate.
- Take the stencil with heart shape cut in middle and sprinkle powdered sugar using strainer to give a heart shape on middle!
- Serve it to your loved one in any special occasion!