They are best cooked in a gas tandoor but an ordinary g over gas will give you equally good results, if cooked over a slow flame. Serve this roti hot, smeared with ghee with subji and pickles of your choice!
Preparation Time: 5 mins, Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp ghee
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of kasuri methi
- Ghee for smearing and serving
- Whole wheat flour for rolling
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a firm dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 2 big and 2 small equal portions.
- Roll out a portion into a 150 mm. (6″) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti for approx. 2 to 3 minutes on each side and remove onto a plate.
- Pinch the roti uniformly throughout using your thumb and first finger.
- Again cook the roti on a tava (griddle) over a slow flame for 5 to 6 minutes or till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides using a muslin cloth.
- Repeat same steps to make other rotis.
- Serve immediately with ghee and a subzi of your choice.