This is a typical and very popular Assamese dessert that tastes different but enthralling. It’s very easy dessert/sweet recipe!
Preparation time: 5 mins, Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 ltr packed milk
- 3-4 tbsp sugar
- 6 almonds, socked in water for an hour
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup Orange pulp
- Put the milk in a heavy sauce pan.
- Bring the milk to boil and reduce heat to minimum.
- Keep stirring with a wooden spoon from time to time.
- Soak the almond for a couple of hours and peel.
- Chop or slice the almonds and the cashewnuts.
- When the milk starts to thicken add the dry fruits to the kheer.
- Add sugar and keep stirring.
- When the kheer is of desired consistency switch off the gas.
- Keep stirring for awhile.
- Cool the kheer and cover.
- Just before serving add the chilled orange pulp.
- Enjoy as a dessert after a meal.