This is the dessert which is literally, just made with bananas. Technically there are a few other ingredients, but this is a banana split made with my banana ice cream recipe, which is then divided into plain Banana, chocolate, and strawberry flavours, all topped with some berries and nuts!
Preparation time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 0 mins
- 1-2 fresh bananas
- 4 frozen bananas slices
- 6 frozen strawberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Berries and mint leaves
Prep: Make sure you have 4 frozen bananas in your freezer for at least 2 hours.(have frozen here overnight)
- Start by making some whipped banana ice cream : add frozen banana slices to a food processor, and pulse for 2-3 minutes until all the banana pieces are broken down and the mixture is whipped into a smooth soft-serve consistency.
- Now, divide this into three equal bowls.
- One will plain banana ice cream (and it’s done, pop it back in the freezer to harden).
- Add the second third back into the processor with 3 frozen strawberries and whip until the strawberries are incorporated (add this to the freezer to harden).
- In the final third, add about 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder and whip until incorporated (again, add this to the freezer to further harden).
How to assemble:
- Slice 1-2 ripe bananas in half and place them along the edges of a long, narrow dish.
- Add the three flavours of banana ice cream (which should be a bit more firm by now), garnish it with some berries, mint leaves and nuts!
- Ready to serve!