Today I’m going to show you summer special Gujarati thali recipe which is including, mug ni chutti dal(moong Dal sabji), padvali rotli, fajeto(mango kadhi), rice, aam ras (mango ras), gud keri achar( instant sweetmango pickle) and green chilli pickle. This is the best dishes for summer, which all together are making a complete meal. Serve in lunch or dinner!
Preparation time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 35 mins
To make mango ras:
- 3 alphanso mangoes, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cup water
To make gud keri achar:
- 1 big raw mango (preferably tota keri), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
To make green chili pickle:
- 20 bhavnagari chilli slices
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed split mustard seeds (rai na kuria)
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- 4 tsp oil
- 1/4 cup lemon cubes
To make fajeto/mango kadhi:
- 1/2 cup mango ras
- 1/2 cup chickpeas flour
- 1 glass buttermilk
- Salt to taste
- 1 tpsp jagerry
- 1 tbsp green chillies, finely chopped
- For Tempering:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustered seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of Asafoetida
- 1 cinnamon
- 1 kashmiri chilli
To make rice:
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
To make padwali roti:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- Water to make desired consistency of chappati dough
How to make mango ras:
- Blend all the ingredients of mango ras and keep it in refrigerator until other things are ready.
How to make gud keri achar:
- First in a big mixing bowl, add chopped raw mangoes, salt and jagerry, mix it well and rest for half an hour or until mangoes release a water.
- Now add red chilli powder and coriander powder and mix it well!
- Keep this aside. (You could use this pickle for 8-10 days by putting into refrigerator in an air tight container)
How to make green chili pickle:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the split mustard seeds, salt, turmeric powder, asafoetida anfy 1 tsp of oil and mix well.
- Rub the bhavnagari chillies in a little of the prepared mixture and place them on a big plate.
- Sprinkle the remaining mixture evenly over them along with the remaining 3 tsp of oil and lemon cubes and toss gently.
- Fill them in a glass jar and keep it aside for atleast 1 hour.Serve or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
How to make fajeto/mango kadhi:
- Blend all the ingredients of fajeto except tempering.
- Cook it for 10 mins.
- Do tempering in small nonstick pan of all the Tempering ingredients and pour it on kadhi and mix it well.
- Again cook for 8-10 mins.
- Keep this aside.
How to make rice:
- Pressure cook rice by first washing twice and then adding water into it.
- Whistle it for thrice and switch off the gas.
- Let it be cooled at room temperature and keep that aside.
How to make padwali roti:
- First make the soft dough of chappati and rest it aside for 10 mins.
- Now roll two medium sized roti, apply 1 tsp oil in both of them, and sprinkle whole wheat flour on both of them.
- Now combine both the rotis and roll it again.
- Heat the tawa and roast it on both the sides.
- Once cooked, apply ghee on top.
- Likewise, prepare other padwali rotis.
- Keep them aside.
Now put all the things together in one thali and serve it hot.