This pickle is generally made in Gujarat! You might be using ivy gourd to make sabji, but have you ever tried to be used in pickle? If no then please must try! It’s better than sabji recipe and you could serve with any dish or simply rice in your lunch or dinner!
Preparation time: 8 mins, Cooking time: 0 mins
- 1 cup ivy gourd/tindora
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar (optional if you don’t want store more than a week)
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp pickle masala
- Wash and wipe the Tindora before cutting it.
- Put the cut Tindora in a bowl and add in the White Vinegar and Salt. Mix well.
- Cover and leave set aside for 1-2 hours.
- Uncover and add in the Pickle Masala, mix and make sure the Tindora is well coated.
- Add in the Oil and mix again.
- Transfer to a bottle or a jar and store in the fridge upto 10 days.
- Use a clean, dry bottle or a jar to store the pickle.
- A great way to make sure that the bottle/jar is dry is to use a hair dryer and blow into it for a couple of minutes.
- Change the vegetable or add in a few others for a wonderful variation.